Before casting your ballot, ask yourself a few simple questions: Are you or members of your family paying too much in property taxes, which are the highest in the country?
Is the government taking too much out of your paycheck without any noticeable difference in the services you receive, making living in New Jersey unaffordable?
Do you believe that state government should be audited to ensure that your tax dollars are being spent efficiently and wisely?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, I ask you to consider voting for me.
With the highest property taxes in the country, New Jersey has reached a breaking point. Too many of our friends, family and neighbors are struggling to put food on their table, losing their homes or even moving to other states. As a working mom who raised her three boys in New Jersey, I know we have to make our state more affordable for families, and I firmly believe the best way to do it is become more efficient and cut property taxes for the middle class. My comprehensive property tax cut program will save middle class families and seniors up to $3,000 a year on their property tax bills by capping school taxes at 5 percent of household income. This will give families certainty and ensure that no family has to move out-of-state because of high property taxes. If similar programs can work in states like Illinois and Massachusetts, it can work in New Jersey.
If elected governor, I will also root out waste and make government run more efficiently by conducting a detailed performance audit of all aspects of state government. This includes cancelling the unnecessary $300 million renovation of the State House in Trenton. My priority will always be to put New Jersey families first. As a former sheriff and prosecutor, I know we cannot make New Jersey a “Sanctuary State,” which would only protect violent criminals and make our state less safe. As governor, I will always support law enforcement and first responders. This includes negotiating a fair deal to our state’s pension crisis to secure the retirement of thousands of public workers.
Other candidates for governor like Phil Murphy, who spent his career on Wall Street, have proposed billions in additional state government spending and admitted he would increase taxes by at least $1.3 billion to pay for it. New Jersey tried that kind of Wall Street approach once before under Jon Corzine, and it would only make our state less affordable and send more of our families and businesses fleeing New Jersey for other states. This campaign is bigger than ‘Republican’ or ‘Democrat.’ It is about the future – not the past – and making our state better for all New Jerseyans. Instead of yelling and shouting at each other, it is time to put the hardworking taxpayers of New Jersey first so that we can once again make New Jersey an affordable place to live, work and raise a family.
- I will advocate for term limits.
- I will protect your Constitutional rights.
- I will protect small business interests.
- I will protect tax dollars like they are mine.
- I will minimize the size and regulations of state government
Education & Experience
- Excelsior College – Bachelor of Science in Technology
- Woodstown Borough Council – 6 years
- Salem County Pollution Control Chairman & Commissioner – 5 years
- Salem County Tax Board Commissioner – 1 year
- Salem County Republican Committee Chairman – 4 years
- Married to Patty for 27 years with 3 children (CJ, Emily, & Allison)
- Family has raised 11 Seeing Eye puppies
- Pilesgrove-Woodstown Historical Society Lifetime member
- Former Assistant Scoutmaster for Troop 15
Linwood Donelson is committed to serving all New Jersey residents by making the state a more affordable place to live. He believes it is time to stop the failed governance of our representatives in Trenton. For too long they have supported spending the state into a dire situation. We must come together to fix the problem now before it becomes impossible to fix.
- Currently works for the United Advocacy Group and Court Appointed Special Advocates of Cumberland, Gloucester, and Salem Counties.
- Licensed Attorney in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and the District Court of the District of New Jersey.
- Lifelong resident of Lower Alloways Creek Township.
- Current board member of the Salem County Special Services and Vocational Technical Schools District (since July 2013).
- Current Member of the Salem County Board of Social Services (since February 2017).
- Former member of the Lower Alloways Creek School Board (2010-2016).
- Juris Doctorate from Rutgers Law School.
- 2014-15 Henry J Raimondo Legislative Fellow (Eagleton Institute of Politics).
- 2015 Mary Philbrook Student Public Interest Award.
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Richard Stockton University.
- Graduated as Valedictorian.
Phil Donohue believes it is time to lead New Jersey in a new direction. His 25 years as a teacher in inner city Philadelphia gave Phil firsthand knowledge of the kind of waste and inefficiency that is tolerated in big urban schools while many smaller suburban and rural districts like ours are denied their fair share in funding. That is why he is leading the fight to fund our rural and suburban school districts.
- New Jersey’s First Madison Fellow
- Former Clayton Councilman
- Retired Philadelphia High School teacher.
- Former Clayton Little League President.
- M.S. in Economic Education, Widener University; M.A. Political Science, University of Pennsylvania.
- Alloway Township Board of Education Served from 2007 – Present
- Member of Alloway Township Planning Board
- Former president of Wistarburg Ruritan
Freeholder Director Bob Vanderslice is a successful community bank officer with over 30 years of experience in finance. He is the President and CEO of Pennsville National Bank. He also served on the Board of Directors of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
He has been a strong leader in the business community, serving as the former Chairman of the Salem County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors and an active member of the Penns Grove Rotary Club.
In 2011, Bob was elected as a Salem County Freeholder where he was faced with a $13 million deficit in his first year. Bob put his experience in business and finance to work for the taxpayers in Salem County, making the tough decisions necessary to quickly put his county back on sound financial ground. He currently serves as the Chairman of Administration Committee & Health & Human Services Committee and as a member on the Administrative and Public Safety Committees.
Bob is a graduate of Pennsville High School. He received an Associate’s Degree from Goldey Beacom College and his Bachelor of Science Degree in Finance from Liberty University.
Bob and his wife Sandra live in Pennsville, NJ. He is the proud father of two adult children, Adam and Amber. Bob is an active member of the Sharptown United Methodist Church where he serves as lay leader and teaches an adult Sunday School.
Scott is a lifetime resident of Salem County, growing up on a family dairy farm in Mannington Township where he learned his values and strong work ethic. He is a graduate of West Chester University and holds a B.S. in Education.
Scott taught and coached at Pennsville Memorial High School. As the head wrestling coach, he compiled a 213-63-2 record over a period of 15 years. Scott was selected District 31 Coach of the Year 3 times and Region 8 Coach of the year once. Scott retired from the Pennsville School System in 2001 after serving 32 years as a Health and Physical Education Teacher. He continues to volunteer as a wrestling coach at Woodstown High School.
Scott was inducted into the South Jersey Wrestling Hall of Fame in 2002, the South Jersey Coaches Assoc. of Boys Athletics Hall of Fame in 2002 and the Salem County Sports Hall of Fame in 2010.
Scott volunteered with Habitat for Humanity for 10 years. He was on the board of Big Brothers/Big Sisters and served as a Big Brother. Scott currently resides in Mannington Township with his wife of 48 years, Gwynne and has an adult daughter Michelle
P. Ed McKelvey
- Alloway Township Committee 2012 to Present
- Currently Serving as Mayor
- Former Teacher – Atlantic County Vo-Tech
- Law Enforcement Officer Alloway Twp. 1977-1979
- Vice President Alloway Republican Club
- Church Officer – Christian Life Center
- Married to Linda – 44 Years
- Three Children – Ed, Kimberley & Melissa
- Lifetime Alloway Resident
- Graduate – Camden County Vo-Tech High School
- Teaching Certification – Glassboro State College
- Christian Life Center 33-Years
- 26 Years Children’s Ministry Teacher
- 8 Years Director of Children’s Ministry
- New Jersey Farm Bureau
- Alloway Ruritan Club
- American Quarter Horse Association
- Owns & Operates “Ed McKelvey Custom Cabinetry” 28-Years
- Carneys Point Township Committee 2009-12, 15-17
- Deputy Mayor 2011,
- Mayor 2016, 17
- Carneys Point Twp. Planning Board 2009 & 2010
- Carneys Point Sewerage Authority 2012-17
- Vice President Retired Police Officers Association (FOP)
- Past President & Chairman of the Board of NJIAI
- Vice President Salem County Pollution Control Finance Authority 2014-17
- Member of the NJ Critical Incident Stress Management Team (CISM)
- Graduate Penns Grove High School 1970
- Associate of Applied Science, Del Tech 1976
- BS in Criminal Justice, Wilmington College 1978
- Masters in Administration, West Chester University 1986
- Doctorate in Ministry, Andersonville Theological Seminary 2005
- Married to Ardith English – 41 Years
- Three Children – Stephen, Jodie, Joseph
- 8 Grandchildren (#9 on her way)
- Third Generation Carneys Point Resident
- Bethel Bible Baptist Church – Carneys Point
- Executive Committee (Fellowship Fundamental Bible Churches)
- Treasurer and Past Administrator Tri-State Bible camp
- Carneys Point Republican Club
- Assistant National Rep. Fellowship of Fundamental Bible Churches
- Retired – Deputy Chief of Police Carneys Point Twp. – 27 yrs. of service
- Owner/Operator: Racite Fire Extinguishers and Equipment 1980 – Present
- Owner Starjo Farms
- Carneys Point Industrial Commission 2017
- Carneys Point/Penns Grove MAPSA Coordinator 2014-2017
- 5-Year Member Penns Grove Ambulance Squad
- Former Member Carneys Point Fire Dept Women’s Auxiliary
- Former Member Salem County Commission on Women
- Former Treasurer & Vice President of Lafayette/Pershing PTO
- Volunteer for “Code Blue” 2016–2017
- Salem County Foster Parent Assoc. President 1998-2013
- Stay-at-Home Mom 1999 thru 2013
- PG/CP School System Transportation/Maintenance Secretary
- New Life Worship Center
- Carneys Point Republican Club
- Graduate Churchland High School-Portsmouth, VA
- Associates Degree – Salem Community College
- Married to Stephan Jones – 22 Years
- 4 Children – Limir, Tesa, Hana, & Chloie
My family is very important to me. I enjoy the time that I spend with them and I want to help mold my community to make Carneys Point a place where my children can grow up and live affordably. I would like to help bring employment back into the township to replace the cut backs we have experienced by recent industry. Carneys Point needs to look towards the future and see where we will be over the next 10 years and I am the person to do this.
- Elmer Borough Council – 3 Years
- Chairman Board of Directors – Delaware Valley Safety Council, Inc.
- Past 1st Chief and Past President – Elmer Fire Department
- Past Elmer Emergency Management Coordinator
- Past Member Board of Trustee’s, Salem Community College
- Oklahoma State University, B.S. in Fire Protection & Safety Engineering Technology
- Salem Community College, A.A. Liberal Arts
- Safety Engineer at Paulsboro Refining Company, LLC
- Married to Jennifer – 15 Years
- Two Children – Alexis & Connor
- Lifelong Elmer Resident
- Elmer Borough Council -9 years
- Elmer Recycling Coordinator
- Advisor -Rotary Sponsored Youth Service Club – 20 years
- Secretary – EMUC Administrative Board
- Graduate Bridgeton High School 1965
- Bachelors Degree – Glassboro State College
- Masters Degree – University of Delaware
- Chemistry Teacher Washington Township High School 32 years – Retired
- Married to Benjamin Nolan 49 years
- Elmer resident 46 years
- Three sons – Justin, Aaron, and Evan
- Five grandchildren – Benjamin, Lillian, Savannah, Teddy and Ethan
Joe is a lifelong Salem County resident. He has resided in Elsinboro Township since 2013 and previously lived in the township from 1991 until 1996. He has been married to Coni Mulhorn- McAllister for 27 years and has three children; Jordan, Joseph and Jacqueline.
Joe has been employed by the New Jersey Department of Corrections since 1998. In the past, he has worked for the Lower Alloway Creek Police Department and his family’s business, the Salem Oak Diner.
Joe attended Saint James High School graduating in 1985 and went on to graduate from Salem Community College in 1987
Joe is a member of the Sharptown United Methodist Church, the Salem Exchange Club and the Salem Boating Club.
Robert Breslin lll
- Lower Alloways Creek Township Committee
- 2011 – 2016
- Mayor 2013, Deputy Mayor 2011 & 2012
- LAC Board of Education 1998 – 2008
- Governor Appointee-AFL-CIO Representative to the Clean Water Council of NJ
- PSE&G – Radiation Protection Technician
- Married to Dorothy– 28-Years
- Two Sons – Daniel & Andrew
- Graduate Salem High School
- 1990 Graduate of Salem Community College
- Salem Boating Club
- Mannington Gun Club
- LIFE MEMBER NRA
- NJ Licensed Electrical Contractor
- NJ Licensed Wastewater Treatment Operator
- NJ Licensed Potable Water Treatment Operator
Luke Patrick Jr.
Luke Patrick has a dedicated past in helping his community as a volunteer fireman/EMT and business owner.
Born and raised in Salem County, Luke spent most of his childhood working on farms, from milking cows, bee keeping and bailing hay.
He served as a Public Safety Telecommunicator (9-1-1 Dispatcher) for 10 years, at the Salem County 9-1-1 Center and 3 years as a paid EMT for Pennsville Township.
Luke now works full time at his restaurant, EMS Café in Quinton Township and food trailer Pattyscakes Concessions. He also volunteers with Mannington Fire Department and substitutes as a bus driver for B.R. Williams.
Luke is a proud Ruritan and Salem County Chamber of Commerce Member.
Luke’s wife Bethanne is a EMT/FF and is the EMS supervisor and administrator for Pennsville Ambulance Department.
Luke has been dedicated to helping others his whole life and giving back to community organizations by volunteering and hosting fundraisers at his café.
- Quinton Township Committee 2015-Present
Deputy Mayor 2015-Present
- Past Chairman – Recycling Coordinator
- Past Chairman – Environment Commission
- Quinton Planning Board
- Quinton Township JIF Fund Commissioner
- Member-Salem County Pollution Control Finance Authority
- Member – St. Gabriel the Archangel Parish
- Member – Republican National Committee
- Member – MADD
- Member – ASPCA
- Graduate of Haverford Senior High 1971
- Delaware County Community College
- President/Owner: Salem County Recyclers, Inc.
- Van’s Auto Parts – 1993-Present
- Financial Officer: Mt. Sharon Cemetary 1983 – 2008
- Widowed 2008 (Married 35 Years)
- 3 Chidren
- 13 Grandchildren
- Served on Township Committee 2015-2017
- Served as Mayor 2017
- A 10th Generation Descendant of Pedricktown Founder, Roger Pedrick
- Lifelong Resident of Pedricktown with Family Residential Roots dating back over 330 years.
- A Lifelong, Self-Employed Farmer with experience in creating jobs, managing employees, meeting payrolls and meeting financial requirements of running a small business
- Former 5-Year Member of Pedricktown Zoning Board
- Former 4-year member of Pedricktown Development Review Advisory Board
- School Bus Driver for Oldmans School District with 15-years experience.
- Graduate Penns Grove High School
- Currently saving Oldmans Township hundreds of dollars in landfill tipping fees by accepting vegetative waste for $1 per year
- Committed to bringing Farmland Preservation to Oldmans Township for Farmers who want to participate in the program.
- Pilesgrove Township Committeeman 2011 – Present
- United States Marine Corps 1988 -1994
- Operation Desert Shield/Storm 1990/1991
- Volunteer Youth Coach since 2003
- Vice-President Chestnut Run Pool Assn.
- Member Marlton Park Recreation Assn.
Family & Memberships
- Married for 22 years to Sandy Bonowski
- Five Children- Gabrielle, Nicolas, Daniel, Anthony and Victoria
- Knights of Columbus
- Woodstown Football
- BS – Management of Information Systems, Philadelphia University
- MS – Information Assurance, Norwich University
- Technology Director for Howell Township, NJ for 12 Years
- Technology Director for Pennsville School District 2011-Present
- Negotiated a Technology grant for Woodstown-Pilesgrove Regional School District during Cable Franchise renewal negotiations.
- Helped stabilize Pilesgrove’s Municipal Budget while maintaining fiscal responsibility and accountability.
- Pennsville Township Committee 2009-Present
- Mayor 2017, Deputy Mayor 2009-2016
- Planning Board 2009-2011 & 2017
- Pennsville Twp. Sewerage Authority 2010-Present
- Chairman 2014, 2015 & 2016
- Past Member South Jersey Economic Development District (2012-2016)
- Former Co-Owner “Affordable Tents by McDade, LLC 1998-2017
- Married to Marshalee Jones 47 Years
- Three Children; Kristen, Robert & Sean
- 7 Grandchildren
- Retired from DuPont Corporate Remediation Group as a Senior Construction Specialist with 38 years of DuPont Service
- Sharptown Methodist Church
- Member of Salem County Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Pennsville Historical Society
- Pennsville Township Committee 2012-Present
- Deputy Mayor 2017
- Pennsville Planning/Zoning Board 2004-Present
- Chairman 2010-2011
- Vice Chairman 2004, 2008-2009
- Pennsville Sewerage Authority 2011-2015
- Vice-Chairman 2014- 2015
- Pennsville Resource Recovery Committee 2002
- Married to Tamara – 31 Years
- Three Children, Andrew, Rachael & Emily
- PSEG Nuclear – 28 Years
- Manager of Projects – Salem & Hope Creek
- Certified Project Management Professional
2009 to Present
- Member of Project Management Institute
- Member of Quinton Sportsmen’s Club
- Served on Township Committee 2012 to Present
- Presently serving as Mayor
- Serving as Treasurer of Medical Staff – Elmer Hospital & Vineland Hospital,
- Past Board Member of Pittsgrove Board of Education – 18 Years
- Board President 9-Years
- Married to Andrea Ward/Botbyl – 40 Years
- 8-Children – Marjorie, Nicholas, Matthew, Jason, Brett, Sara, Timothy & Rachel
- Bridgeton High School – 1973
- Dickinson College BS – 1977
- Graduated University del Noreste Medical School 1982
- Cooper Hospital University Medical Center; Internship, Residence & Fellowship – 1989
- Board Certified Internal Medicine Physician – 29 Yrs.
- Former Pittsgrove Soccer Club Trustee & RAC
- Coached Pittsgrove Soccer Club, Elmer Little League, Senior Little League, Pittsgrove Recreation League Basketball
- Member of Pittsgrove Township Committee 2006-2013 & 2015-2017
- Currently Serving as Deputy Mayor
- Serves on: Public Works, Economic Development, Agricultural Advisory, Personnel, Administration Committees & Planning Board
- Experience on Recreation, Finance, Health & Public Services Committees
- Married to Debbie for 27 years
- Two children- Rachel and Matthew
- 1978 Graduate of A.P. Schalick High School
- Lifetime Elmer/Pittsgrove Resident
- Technician, PSEG-30 years
- IBEW Local 94 member
- NRA Lifetime member
- Upper Pittsgrove Township Committee 21 Years
- Zoning Board Member -7 years, Chairman- 5 years
- Planning Board Member – 20 years
- Upper Pittsgrove Recreation Chairman – 15 years
- Salem County Solid Waste Advisory Council- 15 Yrs.
- Salem County Transportation Advisory Board – 2 yrs.
- Graduate Vineland High School
- Attended Temple & Rowan Universities
- Self –Employed Active Wear Distributor
- Book Author: “Durand the Man and His Glass” 1998
- Married to Ginny – 39 Years
- Two Children, Amanda & John
- 35 Years Resident of Upper Pittsgrove Township
- United States Army Served 1965 thru 1967
- Vietnam Veteran
- Upper Pittsgrove Township Committee – 3 Years
- Upper Pittsgrove Board of Education – 9 Years
- President of The Board of Trustees at Elmer United Methodist Church
- Former 17 Year Director of the Salem County ARC
- Former Cub Scout Leader
- Former Girls Softball Coach, Elmer Little League
- Graduate Rowan University (Formerly Glassboro State College) with a B.S. in Industrial Management
- Southco, Inc. – Collegeville, PA as Production Manager 24-Years
- Sony, Inc. – Pitman, NJ as Printing Supervisor
- Currently employed as Vice President of Operations at Mid-Atlantic States Career and Education Center
Family & Memberships
- Married to Sharon, 33 years
- Three Children, Laura, David, Jr. & Brenda
– Member, Sunday School Teacher and Youth Leader at Elmer United Methodist Church
- Executive Director – Woodstown Disciples Pantry
- Volunteer – Woodstown Meals on Wheels Route
- Chair – Woodstown Republican Committee
- Member – Woodstown Open Space Committee
- Member – Woodstown Historic Preservation Committee
- Member – Woodstown Highbridge Arc Committee
- Volunteer (8 Years) – Lady of Lordes Helping Hands-Camden
- Vietnam Veteran – Clayton, NJ, VFW
- Non-Commissioned Officer In Charge – Army Security Agency, Military Intelligence, Top Secret/ Crypto Plus Clearance
(Assigned to Thailand – Vietnam – Ethiopia)
- Vice-President – CIGNA – Systems Contracts (Philadelphia)
- Vice-President – LUMMUS – Administration – Government, Relations – HR, Labor Relations – Contracts
- Director – K&E – Union Labor Relations Attorney
- Manager – LUMMUS – Expatriate HR Contracts/ Labor Relations
- Seton Hall/ Rutgers Law Schools – Jurisprudence Doctorate
- Yankton College – BA in Political Science, BA in International Relations
Married to Patricia
- Born in Philadelphia PA
- Grew up in Vineland and attended Vineland schools
- Moved to Woodstown in 1971
- 1974 Married the Former Sharon Kincaid and have been married 43 years
- Has two sons: Paul Jr. who resides in Vineland, and Howard who resides in Melborne FL
- Member of Woodstown Boro Council 2004-2007
- Served on Woodstown Planning and Zoning Board, and served as Second Chair in 2005
- Served as Chair of the Redevelopment Committee of the Planning Board
- Served on the Woodtown-Pilesgrove Environmental Commission
- Charter Member and past President of the Woodstown-Pilesgrove Exchange Club
- Charter member and pas President of the Woodstown-Pilesgrove Business Association
- Member of Woodstown Presbyterian Church and has served on Frinance, Trustees, and was a church money counter
- Currently serving on the Salem County Young Life Committee
- Currently Serving on the Woodstown-Pilesgrove Environment Commission
- Former Chef and Owner of the Wagon Wheel restaurant, now retired
- Currently working as a crossing guard for the Boro of Woodstown
- Served on the board of the Salem County Chamber of Commerce